Creative Spotlight: Printemps



As I am constantly reminded by my girlfriend, there's not much I know about fashion or the world in which it exists, but I do know what I like and this promotional event for Tim Burton's upcoming Alice in Wonderland is pretty damn cool. Featuring the work of several known Parisian fashion gurus, this Paris-based exhibition being held at Printemps is certainly an inspired attempt at paying tribute to Lewis Carroll's classic tea party scene courtesy of the Mad Hatter.

Credit on this one goes out to Richard Nathem and his chic boutique blog, Eye Prefer Paris.





5 comments:

  1. Definitely reminds me of your mythology inspired attire for the performances you gave at CSU. All we need now are some crickets and stilts!

  1. Strange Kid said...:

    Right? Maybe that's what drew me to this stuff. What can I say, I like costumes, Halloween or bust. I'm not head over heels for Burton's new rendition of the Wonderland saga, but it doesn't look bad either. Oh well, guess I can't get enough of Depp's showmanship.

  1. I'm not too pumped about Burton period these days. Your boy needs to read some Poe or force himself into seclusion for a good year and stay away from all things 'current'. I truly think the last good movie he made was SLEEPY HOLLOW. Anyways, I guess we'll see how this new Alice flick turns out. In the mean time here's a good read.
    http://www.kindertrauma.com/?p=10951

  1. I meant to say "I'm not too pumped about Burton. Period. Your boy needs to read some Poe...etc"

    The way I had it written it seemed as though I wasn't pumped about his periods.

  1. Strange Kid said...:

    Hey, I scoped that link for Hospital Massacre on Kindertrauma (really cool site BTW) and it looks like pure schlocky fun, escpecially with the heavy metal playing in the background. Come to think of it, the film reminds me somewhat of Dr. Giggles with Larry Drake.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails