Versatility that Would Make any Mere Mortal Quiver



Strange Kids Club snags the Versatile Blogger Award

Over this past weekend, fellow blogger and club member Joe Monster bestowed with the honor of the Versatile Blogger Award and he was gracious enough to pay it forward to a few blogs that he admires, including Strange Kids Club! Although no one really knows how this mysterious award got started, there are a few rules that must be adhered to in order to participate. They include the following:
  • Giving thanks to the person who nominated you (check!)
  • List 7 seven things about yourself
  • Pass the award on to 15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered, and think are fantastic.
So let's see, 7 things, huh?
  1. I have a tattoo on the two most visible parts of my body (face and neck) and nowhere else
  2. My first horror movie experience involved Gremlins and I wouldn't sleep in a normal bed for years
  3. I have an innate fear of all things furry (from dust bunnies to Bugs Bunny)
  4. When I was 12 I watched I Spit on Your Grave on a dare and couldn't kiss a girl all throughout middle school
  5. I wanted to be a comic book artist when I was little (my first creation was a skull-faced "punisher" named The Destroyer)
  6. I ran away from my first fight with a bully and hid in a bathroom stall
  7. I got to met Eli Roth during the Hostel 2 premiere in NY and it ruined me from wanting to meet any more of my idols
NOTE: To be fair, the situation with Eli was that he was swarmed with fans and media afterwards (though I did manage to get a picture with him), but it just made me realize that I don't want to just be a fan of people like him I want to be on their level as a peer.

As for my 15 favorite bloggers/blogs out on the interwebs, this one is a little tricky, but I'd have to say that the following are definitely some of the ones that I find to be exceptionally deviant... in a strictly legal sense of course.
Adventures in Nerdliness
Basement of Ghoulish Decadence
Branded in the 80s!
Cavalcade of Awesome
Day Of The Woman
Enter The Man-Cave
Horror Host Graveyard
Zombos' Closet of Horrors

Scare Sarah
Mr. Potter's Funtime
Planet of Terror
The Scandy Gallery
Toyriffic
The Horror Digest
Video Dead
These sites each excel at their given niche and are well worth the visit. I assure you that they serve as both an inspiration and reminder of what a good blog should be. Just be careful not to stay up too late... or else the internets Gremlins might get you too.





7 comments:

  1. Paxton said...:

    I love that you watched I Spit On Your Grave when you were 12. I didn't watch it until a few years ago. Sorry to hear about Eli Roth. That's the price of being famous, everyone wants a piece of you.

    Thanks for the nom. I'll put up my response sometime today.

  1. jmcozzoli said...:

    Awesome! Thank you for including me in the list. It makes all those late nights, nagging wife "stop blogging for a minute will you!" and "make money with your blog!!!" annoying spam messages worth putting up with for sure.

  1. I appreciate the inclusion and nice words. :-D

  1. Andre Dumas said...:

    Thanks! Don't explain your bad meet up with Eli--he's been recorded as a douche on more than one occasion! Thanks again : )

  1. Strange Kid said...:

    @Paxton: Saw your post today, very cool. Thanks for paying it forward.

    @jmcozzoli: Haha, you're most welcome. Trust me, I hear that all too often around the 'ole homestead myself. If only it was that easy.

    @Darius: Of course! You're blog was an exceptionally entertaining recent discovery.

    @Andre: Well I'm glad to know I'm not alone with the whole Eli-thing. I'm sure it's hard being so lauded by fans, but I also met Billy Connolly that same month for the Fido premiere and he was a much more personable fella.

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Many thanks Rondal. Much appreciated my friend.

    Bummer about your run in with Roth. I haven't had an experience like that but have heard many a horror story.

  1. Strange Kid said...:

    @Cortez: De nada. Yeah, I'm hoping to start attending more convenions within the next year and meeting a few other genre favorites, but I'm definitely keeping my expectations grounded.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails