MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Reboot... WTF?!



Turd Wolf cometh
I hardly muster the words to describe what an insulting abomination this is. Like the bastard child of Twilight and The CW's Vampire Diaries, this teaser trailer for MTV's upcoming reboot of Teen Wolf reeks of teen angst and glitter-sniffers. Yes, I understand that this demographic exits, as if ticket sales for Twilight isn't a big enough offense, but what in the holy hell are they thinking?!

Could they seriously not have made this into an original series instead of dragging the Teen Wolf franchise over hot coals before pissing on the ashes? Shot mostly in Atlanta, GA the show's premise apparently focuses on a
newly bitten werewolf, ‘Scott McCall,’ his best friend ‘Stiles,’ the mysterious new girl in town, ‘Allison,’ and Tyler Hoechlin as the older and possibly quite dangerous werewolf, ‘Derek Hale.’ Always an outsider and often unnoticed, Scott McCall yearns to be recognized in some small way that takes him out of his typical state of high school anonymity. When his best friend, Stiles, convinces him to go into the woods one night to join a police search for a dead body, Scott encounters a creature in the darkness.
Seriously, this one makes me want to grab a copy of Skinwalkers or even *shudder* Cursed to wash out the bad taste.





9 comments:

  1. I have never been more disgusted by something in all my life. Where are we--what do--I just--AAHHH!!!!!! I'm just damn speechless. I would rather listen to Billy's sister, Agnus, say "You're mmmyy fammilly nnooowww" over and over again. Hell, I might actually get off on it. Someone toss me my copy of Cursed, QUICK!!

  1. Jon Guerra said...:

    This is the WORST that could happen to anything called "Teen Wolf."

  1. Strange Kid said...:

    Hahaha, tell me about it. I think they missed the point that "Teen Wolf" was never a horror film to begin with, it was a comedy. A frickin' comedy, MTV! The only thing to laugh at here is... well, nothing.

  1. J. Astro said...:

    I actually JUST posted a rant over at my blog decrying this very thing - remakes that are in fact just other, inferior products with a recognizable name slapped on 'em. Hehe. Timely.

    Tho, while a billion shows like this have been bound to exist since the advent of Twilight, I'm with you - why the hell not call it something more fitting than the goofy, comedic TEEN WOLF? You'd think they'd want to go all sultry-sounding with it, like "Full Moon" or some shit.

  1. Paxton said...:

    MTV can do whatever the hell they want. As far as I'm concerned, this TV show isn't Teen Wolf. It isn't even Teen Wolf Too.

  1. Unknown said...:

    I demand an apology from MTV dor this!

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Actually, this looks like the best thing Russell Mulchaey's done since "Highlander"...

  1. Strange Kid said...:

    @LaDracul: That's a valid point, but it just can't heal the pain. MTV's entire stategy behind this show was so misleading. :(

  1. Anonymous said...:

    True, true...although there hasn't been a good werewolf show since "Big Wolf On Campus"...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails