The Easter Bunny is Eating My Candy



Whose been eating your Candy?

In an effort to find something shockingly special for us Strange Kids to celebrate on this annual consumption of chocolate bunnies, I've gone back to the year 2008 and dug up an eerie Easter tribute directed by Drew Daywalt & David Schneider of Fewdio entitled The Easter Bunny is Eating My Candy.

Now, short films are great for a number of reasons (creativity, special effects, experimental narrative), but what I like about them the most is their "authentic" execution. There's just some kind of home movie quality that emerges from low production values and intuitive filmmaking that result in a story that obscures reality and The Easter Bunny is Eating My Candy is no exception.

With a run time that is a little over two minutes Daywalt and Schneider manage to convey an undiluted portrait of dread that brings to mind the infamously epic Tales from the Crypt episode And All Through the House. Definitely not for the squemish, this one is sure to keep a few eyes open on Easter morning. Oh, and the next time the bogeyman comes calling... listen to your kids.





2 comments:

  1. When I first saw this I was just totally shocked. I had no clue what I was even watching to be honest. I saw the link, clicked it and sat there in awe for five minutes. I was really jealous that someone thought of such an incredible idea; something so very simplistic as well. I forgot all about this video, thanks for posting!!

  1. Strange Kid said...:

    Good to see you back from the dead, E.

    Yeah, the film's pretty wild. Goes to show what a simple idea and some creativity can really do. Happy Zombie Jesus Day!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails