'Me and My Monsters' offers A Triple Dose of 'My Pet Monster'



Just to reaffirm how much cooler television is across the pond, BBC (more specifically their children division CBBC) has released a trailer for its newest show being co-produced by none other than The Jim Henson Company and Sticky Pictures: Me and My Monsters. A live action series about a family called The Carlsons, Me and My Monsters features "three out of control and hilarious monsters" (Norman, Fiend and Haggis) who have taken residence in their basement.

According to Henson's official press release,
It's a comedy that hinges on the relationship between the young boy in the family and the monsters. It's very visual and it's got that Henson look...
For my money it's got a sort of a My Pet Monster vibe to it combined with Henson's previous sitcom, Aliens in the Family. Having only recently premiered this past October chances are that it will be sometime before the series makes its way to our shores, but you can be sure it'll be one I keep my eye on.


Eddie Carlson with the monsters: Fiend, Haggis and Norman






5 comments:

  1. D.M.Cunningham said...:

    This looks awesome! Why do we not get cool shows like this? Grrr.

  1. Strange Kid said...:

    Just between you and me, I think it's some sort of European conspiracy to make Americans want to take more vacations overseas... or a lack of creativity here in the States. Either way. ;)

  1. Anonymous said...:

    This is probably the first Henson production I've seen with 'ass copying' (Certainly not the first family-friendly thing, as I've seen it on "The Simpsons" and in "Despicable Me".) and I really do wish they'd put this stuff on in the US...although there is a show about Dracula as a single father revolving around his son on the same channel...and I don't know if that's even gotten to the US yet...even though someone was nice enough to upload episodes on YouTube.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtSpYfXFPI4

  1. Strange Kid said...:

    Haha... that's it, I'm moving to England. That's all there is too it. Did you guys know that they're getting a special 2-disc release of 'Scott Pilgrim vs the World' as well? Granted it doesn't come out until December, but still...

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Aaargh, why do the other countries get the nice stuff? I've recently been griping about how much better the Jp. cover for "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" DVD is than the R1 is...maybe THAT'S why I feel closer to the UK and Japan...because I hate how dumbed down and uncreative the US can be at times!!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails