Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas Special



There's nothing like creepy animated dinosaurs and Elvis-inspired raisins to let you know that the yuletide is among us— especially when they thoughtfully crafted through the vision of Will Vinton.

Vinton is perhaps best known as the award-winning Claymation director behind the California Raisins, M&M's Red & Yellow mascots, and more recently The PJs television show. In his surreal animated style, Vinton manages to create a holiday themed absurdity that is both surreal and traditional. He seems to effortlessly draw from the biblical tales such as the Three Wise Men while intersecting with walruses dancing on ice. Pure genius!

Though I can't recall having seen Vinton's brilliance as a child (aside from the California Raisins), I am sure that it would've given me more than enough cause to be good, lest I be devoured by a purple, Santa-clad triceratops. Oh yeah, those glasses don't full me, you know that candy cane he's munching on was made from the flesh of bad little boys and girls. No doubt.

Check out YouTube for part 2 and part 3.

Bookmark and Share





1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Oh. My. GOD!!!! This was only the most influential film of my childhood. Ever since I saw it as a kid I've tried to track it down and just managed to do so last year one YouTube...hence why it is now the only site I frequent 100s of times a day EVERYDAY!!!

    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for writing about this!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails