setting up camp: day 1



Elliott "Ecto-1" reporting...

it is the first day of setting up camp. earlier friday i decided to escape the confines of columbus, ga to begin my research on the macabre activities surrounding the night life of lagrange, ga.

I arrived close to 4:27 p.m. with nothing but my underwear, night-night shirt, pillows, and camera equipment. I set up camp in the woods behind West Point Lake close to 8:00 p.m. and began a sultry fire to roast what little food i was carrying.

soon...there was nothing but me...and the commodious woods entangled in the shadows...

After a couple of hours with no activity I made it a point to drift into the land of endless flight and aging nostalgia...the kind of pink bubble-gum memory you chew perennially and without consciousness...

it was bed time.

around 4:03 a.m. I was awakened by the sound of skeletal tap dancing. the pinestraw nearby was obviously aged and weak...and the twigs served as an orchestra of decay..

there was something....lurking in the woods...

I arose with excitement. It was almost as if I didnt care what happened to me. I only worried about matter and substance: what would I find tonight? what mysterious wonders would I capture on film?

and then it happened....

within the blink of an eye....there it was....

the Jekylhymen.

At first I thought my mind was playing tricks on me...but the closer i appeared to the creature the more consistent the image became....

I was standing no more than ten feet away from the Jekylhymen. A creature known for it's hypnotizing rebellion and sinister toad laugh.

Legend has it...the moment you lock eyes with this rare creature your body freezes...as if it is in a state of shock...like you've witnessed an entire gang of rapists fondling your youngest child's crib...

your lungs slowly shrivel...and you cannot breathe....

your eyes swell with blood...and you cannot see...

like the curse of medusa you feel your skin tighten...and turn to stone...

there is nowhere to go...nowhere to hide...

nothing to say..nothing to do...

fortunately for me i found a good hiding spot...otherwise i wouldn't be updating this blog right now...

nothing prepared me for that night. i wasn't prepared for the responsibilities surrounding my survival...

all i DO know is this..

the jekylhymen is real......and I found him....

I was lucky enough to snap a photo of him before ducking behind the nearest tall-grass...

.....lucky like the brave soldier facing medusa's endless concrete gaze of doom...

you dont believe me?

well, see for yourself...

just dont look for too long...

you never know what might happen....





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails