New 'Casper' Cover Uncovered by David Hartman

Original artist is unknown; Harvey Comics 1956.Artwork © Copyright David Hartman
Known for his insane illustrations of all manner of vile creatures and backwoods beasties, artist David Hartman has revealed an appropriately haunting rendition of Harvey Comics' signature spook: Casper the Friendly Ghost. Okay... so it's not technically a licensed remake of the classic character, but can you honestly tell me you wouldn't buy an issue if it looked anything like this?!

[via Covered]





6 comments:

  1. Andrew Barr said...:

    Once again mr. Hartman kills it. that guy's a genius

  1. Paxton said...:

    Yeah, I saw that on Covered, too. Fantastic isn't it?

  1. Strange Kid said...:

    I can't stop looking at it, haha. Covered is hands down a must-stop destination for some stellar comic-themed artwork.

  1. D.M.Cunningham said...:

    That is the bees-knees! Wow, so good I can't take my eyes off it. Hartman, you killed it!

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Wow! I love this!

  1. Belle Dee said...:

    That's awesome!! I love Hartman's work. Although somehow I doubt it would get the Comics Code Approval. (Ha! Ha!)

    That 'Covered' site is really awesome too! What a great idea! I can't believe I've never seen it before now!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails